I hope you and your homes survived Hurricane Irma with little or no damage. Because our wonderful facility is so well protected and maintained, your slips, docks and clubhouse were relatively unharmed. The only startling damage was that the ice machine blew over. It was quite a powerful storm, with winds recorded at Naples Airport of 142 mph. Fortunately, we had a week’s notice of the storm’s ferocity, so owners were able to prepare in advance.
Joe, our dockmaster, has been working hard on his myriad responsibilities, including the following:
- Freedom Boat Club and Extreme Rentals now require their members to present their garage parking tickets to the dockmaster for validation before boarding their vessels. This frees up our scarce parking spaces.
- All docks, clubhouse, and walkways have been pressure washed.
- All dock boxes on E dock have been replaced, with spare parts taken for possible future use. Other boxes (or tops) will be replaced as needed.
- Mangroves are filling in nicely and were recently trimmed.
- If you know anyone interested in renting a slip, contact Joe at 239.732.8188. He has all the necessary paperwork and knows which slips are available for rent, either long or short-term.
REMINDER: The clubhouse front door, the ice machine and the dumpster can all be accessed by using your dock gate key. As noted before, please be careful using the dumpster, as the doors swing open and are very heavy. There are individual garbage cans at each dock entrance.
Ron Sachatello and Joe have worked hard to maintain and upgrade our property. Please thank them when you see them!
ANNUAL MEETING: Finally, a heads-up. You will be receiving a written notification and voting ballot for our annual meeting to be held on December 18th at 2:30 p.m. in the Naples Public Library on Central Street. Please plan to attend. If you are interested in participating as a Board member, please contact Peggy Ritter at 239.248.0504.
CK Su, President